Apply for an At-Large Bid
The At-Large submission is designed to encourage student teams from any Northeast Wisconsin college to compete in The Pitch. At-Large submissions will be competing for TWO SPOTS in the 2024 event.
Students can apply individually or as a team. It is recommended that students pitch business models for highly scalable, high-impact ventures.
Presentation: Student teams are given four minutes to pitch, followed by two minutes of questions from the judges.
1st Place: $10,000 Cash + In-Kind Prizes
2nd Place: $7,500 Cash + In-Kind Prizes
3rd Place: $5,000 Cash + In-Kind Prizes
- Any undergraduate or graduate student from a Northeast Wisconsin higher education institution is eligible to apply for The Pitch. You do NOT have to be a student from one of the participating schools.
- The presenting team members must be current matriculated (earning credit toward a degree or certificate) students (including graduate students), who are enrolled in classes in the current academic year.
- Teams are not eligible if their venture has earned more than $50,000 in revenues and awards (contest winnings of cash and in-kind prizes).
- The ownership makeup of ventures eligible for The Pitch is restricted to current students, spouses of current students, and college graduates who have completed degrees within the past 15 months of this contest.
- Participants should own their intellectual property rights. If the university or some other entity owns the patent or the research the business model is based on, the students need to explain in the pitch how they intend to acquire sufficient rights to the intellectual property to conduct business.
How to Apply:
- Create a four minute video pitch describing the problem, solution, market potential, revenue model, and team. Use the competition scorecard as an outline.
- Upload your video to YouTube. You can make your video hidden by checking the option for “Unlisted” (do not set it as “Private”).
- Click the link below (or here) to apply and share a link to your YouTube video!
Submission Deadline: Sunday, March 31st, 2024
Finalists Announced: Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024